How do I return/exchange an item?
To return an item for exchange or refund. Step by step:
- Raise a return by calling the Store, or preferrably the online via the “Returns” button shown against the order in the “My Orders” section of “My Account“.
- It’s important that you fill the form in correctly – if we don’t have accurate details for you, we may not be able to process your refund
- Our goodwill exchange/refund period is 28 days after the order status is changes to completed. After which the “returns” button will not be visible against the order
- If returning in person:
- If you wish to return outside normal store hours then ring the District Scout Store on 01928352121 to arrange a time to make the return/exchange. If you reach voicemail then leave a message and your call will be returned when someone is available.
- ensure the item is in its original packaging and in saleable state.
- If returning by post:
- Complete the return form, selecting your reason(s) for return.
- Enclose the completed return form with your parcel.
- Package securely.
- We recommend that you use a tracked delivery service and obtain receipt as proof of postage.
- Track your return using the courier’s reference code.
Please visit HERE for our full returns policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your return will be refunded if we are unable to provide the item which you have requested and we are unable to make contact with you.
We aim to process all returns as quickly as possible and you should receive confirmation of this within a week of having returned the item. Please note that subject to the method of returning an item it may take up to 14 days to receive confirmation of your refund. We recommend items should be returned by a registered service as we cannot be responsible for any missing returned items.
When original payment was made by Debit/Credit card, the refund will be made back to the payment card used. For BACS payments, the refund will go back to the bank account used. Payments by cash or cheque will be refunded by cheque made out to the name on the billing details of the account.
Please return items using your local postal/courier services. They will have to be returned at your cost unless in accordance with your legal rights. Please obtain a certificate of posting/receipt as proof of postage as a minimum. Refunds for items returned by post/courier are credited to the original card used for payment, certain refunds may be made by cheque. If the item was a gift, the refund will go back to the sender.
Send the items in their original packaging, marked as “returned goods” to:
Mersey Weaver District Scout Shop, c/o Oaklands, Vicarage Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire WA6 7DU.
Please note: When you return goods, please ensure you fill out the returns slip and mark your parcel as “returned goods” otherwise it could cause your exchange/refund to be delayed.
You have 28 days from delivery to return an item for exchange or a full refund, excluding sale items. You will need to provide a valid parcel summary document, to enable us to process your return
For sale items purchased via our Website, we will be happy to either refund or exchange an item if you change your mind within 14 days of receipt. Our “goodwill” refund policy does not affect your statutory rights under the Regulations or other consumer legislation