Our Scouts’ Digital Manifesto, provides young people with six clear, concise and easy to understand goals so that they can use digital technology in a safe, smart, creative and responsible way.
Digital Citizen – stage 2
How to earn your badge:
Complete every task to achieve Stage 1, showing that you have thought about the potential risks and how to stay safe for each activity.
- Show that you can:
- turn on and log into a computer
- use a piece of software, for example email or a game
- name the main parts of a computer system
- connect a peripheral (for example a scanner or printer) to your computer and use it.
- Create a piece of digital media. It could be artwork, a photograph, music or animation.
- Use the internet for research:
- decide on an area of interest
- find three websites with content that matches your area of interest
- collect relevant information by printing or saving as files.